FC5: Problem with acroread and CISCO VPN

Stephan Groß st.gross at gmx.de
Thu Apr 27 06:58:28 UTC 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 07:39, Klaus Steinberger wrote:

Hi,

> in Fedora Core 5 selinux blocks execution of the CISCO vpnclient, as well
> as acroread:
>
> [klaus.steinberger at noname ~]$ acroread
> /usr/lib/acroread/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread: error while loading
> shared libraries: /usr/lib/acroread/Reader/intellinux/lib/libJP2K.so:
> cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied
> [klaus.steinberger at noname ~]$

after some googling I found following advice that worked for me to enable
acroread again:

1. Start "System" > "Administration" > "Security Level and Firewall"
2. On the "SELinux" tab click on "Modify SELinux Policy > Compatibility"
3. Tick the check box next to "Allow the use of shared libraries with Text
   Relocation".

Regards,
Stephan.