FC5: what context should I use for extra ext3 filesystems?

Mike Carney mc-al34luc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 13 20:02:52 UTC 2006

Greetings,

I've got a couple of extra filesystems I use for various reasons which
currently have a default_t context. I mount them under a new directory
"/export", which I've set to mnt_t:

/dev/sda9 on /export/0 type ext3 (rw)
/dev/sdb9 on /export/1 type ext3 (rw)
/dev/sdb10 on /export/2 type ext3 (rw)

203# ls -dZ /export /export/*
drwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:mnt_t          /export/
drwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:default_t      /export/0/
drwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:default_t      /export/1/
drwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:default_t      /export/2/
204#

Any guidance as to what context should I set these file system mount
points to? mnt_t? usr_t? How do I specify using semanage that I don't
want the relabel to propogate to subdirectories? (e.g., <<none>>).

Thanks in advance,

Mike