FC5: Problem with acroread and CISCO VPN

Stephan Groß st.gross at gmx.de
Fri Apr 28 10:15:07 UTC 2006

On Friday 28 April 2006 08:36, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 20:43 +0200, Stephan Groß wrote:

> > > It can be done using semanage to add new file context objects. However,
> > > I believe the required entries are *supposed* to be in the main policy
> > > package:
> > >
> > > # semanage fcontext -l | grep -Ei 'adobe|intellinux'
> > > /usr/(local/)?Adobe/.*\.api                        regular file
> > > system_u:object_r:texrel_shlib_t:s0
> > > /usr/(local/)?Adobe/(.*/)?lib/[^/]*\.so(\.[^/]*)*  regular file
> > > system_u:object_r:texrel_shlib_t:s0
> > > /usr/(.*/)?intellinux/SPPlugins/ADMPlugin\.apl     regular file
> > > system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t:s0
> > > /usr/(local/)?Adobe/(.*/)?intellinux/nppdf\.so     regular file
> > > system_u:object_r:texrel_shlib_t:s0
> > > # rpm -q selinux-policy
> > > selinux-policy-2.2.34-3.fc5
> > >
> > > If you have the latest policy and "restorecon -vR /path/to/acroread"
> > > doesn't set the right context, raise it here and mention which files
> > > aren't getting set to textrel_shlib_t. Hopefully it will get fixed so
> > > that this issue stops cropping up on fedora-list every day like it
> > > seems to at the moment.
> >
> > I have the above mentioned selinux-policy-2.2.34-3.fc5 installed.
> > However, a "restorecon -vR /usr/local/Adobe" results in
> >
> > "/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Multiple different
> > specifications for /opt  (system_u:object_r:home_root_t and
> > system_u:object_r:usr_t).
> > /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Multiple different
> > specifications for /opt  (system_u:object_r:home_root_t and
> > system_u:object_r:usr_t)."
>
> Have you moved root's home directory from /root to somewhere under /opt?

No, its still in /root. I only have the Brockhaus Multimedia Encyclopedia (the
german answer to MS Encarte) installed that registers a user bmm having its
home directory in /opt/bmm. However, I just checked that /opt is of type
home_root_t and all of its subdirectories are of type user_home_dir_t. Should
I change any of these settings?

Stephan.