Logrotate and Selinux

Ian Marks imarks at comcast.net
Fri Aug 4 14:19:18 UTC 2006

I am trying to set logrotate to rotate specific syslogged files outside
of /var/log.  My application is logging under /opt/app_name/log/.  To
allow syslog to be able to log/wite to this file, I had to set the
appropriate context of the file to user_u:object_r:var_log_t.  Since the
file isn't under /var/log, I don't think the context will be preserved
once it's been rotated, thus preventing syslog from writing to the
file.  What is the best fix for this in RHEL4.

Thanks,
Ian