strict error message

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Mon Aug 7 03:10:02 UTC 2006

Stefan wrote:
>> Remove that apt policy package
>>
>> semodule -r apt -s strict
>>
>> in strict policy.
>
> Is this really a solution? What if someone needs this policy? It sucks
> if a policy update comes out and everytime you have to remove this
> module. Is there no better way?
>
> -Stefan

The problem was that strict policy used to ship with this module.  I
dropped it when I relized apt was not used to install dpkg, on FC
packages, but to install rpm packages.  So we needed to remove the
package and change the context to rpm_exec_t.  Problem is that there is
no good way for the update procedure to remove a loadable module.  (Well
I could have removed it in a post install.)