wireles

Lamont R. Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Thu Aug 17 16:39:58 UTC 2006

On Thursday 17 August 2006 09:44am, steve westfall wrote:
> All...
>
> I have just purchased a new note book to upgrade my antique.
> It has a wireless mini PCI card (I believe it is an Intel card). I have the
> regular Ethernet up and running, however, the wireless is not. Every time
> I try to set it up (via network add under he wireless section) it comes
> back and
> tells me that the card was not found and, hence, could not be set up.

This is the wrong list.  Try asking on the Fedora Users list.

To help you ask your question better, try running "lspci" and "lsmod" (perhaps
include their output in your email to the Fedora Users list?) and that should
help you identify which card you really have.
--
Lamont R. Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor

NOTE:  All messages from this email address should be digitally signed with my
       0xDC0DD409 GPG key. It is available on the pgp.mit.edu keyserver as
       well as other keyservers that sync with MIT's.