suggest an icon for selinux (e.g. setroubleshoot)

Richard Irving rirving at antient.org
Wed Aug 30 16:45:20 UTC 2006

Marc Schwartz wrote:

> Richard Irving wrote:
>

>> Of course, there is the idea of a simple old fashioned "Flask" as a
>> logo...... maybe even an
>> antique flask, like a goatskin wine canteen (Zahato). That idea has
>> some style....
>

> Filled with a good single malt?

    Only if it has been *properly* aged in a burnt oak barrel.   ;-)

>>  </.02c ALT="To be taken with a grain of salt, and a little
>> imagination.">
>

> Some interesting ideas.
>
> How about this one:
>
> A gold key, the shape of which is consistent with the key in the NSA
> logo being held onto by the eagle. Superimposed over the key is a red
> exclamation point or perhaps a red "I" information bubble icon.

    I like that. I also like the black and white alternating pentacle on
the edge of the seal, it is distinctive symbol.

   How about combining idea's, as long as they still work at the icon
level.....

    The flask (Bota) has an outline that conforms with many of the PHI
curves, such as the nautilus,
  that trademark the Unix philosophy... (debian logo, the snail
shell.... etc.)

   So does the pentacle, obviously. (Although, not -curves-...)

 A:
   The bota flask, with the alternating black and white pentacle, on the
side....
      with the Key superimposed over the pentacle... gives one an excuse
     to make the key "Golden", as well.... (this is rather simple)

B:
   Or, the Golden key about to be inserted into a lock, the keyhole is
located in
  the center of an alternating pentacle, perhaps in the interior
pentagon....
   With a golden or red  capital "I", as the keyhole.... but the lock
outline,
  describing the symbol PHI, using the I (the keyhole) as the center
  I of the phi symbol. (The outline of the lock forming the oblong O
around the I)
  (this, a little more complex...)

Another .02c, dreams are cheap. :-)