suggest an icon for selinux (e.g. setroubleshoot)

Lamont R. Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Thu Aug 31 17:09:30 UTC 2006

On Thursday 31 August 2006 10:50am, dragoran wrote:
> Lamont R. Peterson wrote:
> > On Thursday 31 August 2006 10:03am, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> >> Andy Suchoski wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> >> Cute but Tux/Penquins are not allowed.  Also they want to avoid hats.
> >
> > How about a maze with paths that lead to "rooms" inside, but no
> > connections between the separate paths.
> >
> > The rooms could even have something in them to indicate they are
> > "serving" different things.
> >
> > The outer wall could look like a computer case or motherboard.
>
> that wont work as a small icon

You have a good point, there.  It would have to be kept simple.  It could work
as a small icon, by just drawing only a small part, such as only 2
rooms with short paths and let the rest "fade out" into the "distance" (i.e.,
let further walls be truncated).

I realized while I was suggesting it that this could easily become too
complicated to work well for an icon type logo. Still, I put the idea out
there, we just have to suppress our tendency to want to see the whole big
picture at once and, instead, just zoom in to show only enough to clearly see
that which sets SELinux apart (pun intended).
--
Lamont R. Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor

NOTE:  All messages from this email address should be digitally signed with my
       0xDC0DD409 GPG key. It is available on the pgp.mit.edu keyserver as
       well as other keyservers that sync with MIT's.