SELinux troubleshooting

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 5 20:53:57 UTC 2006

>> Dec  4 15:45:10 dev dbus: Can't send to audit system: USER_AVC pid=3327
>> uid=81 loginuid=-1 message=avc:  received policyload notice (seqno=3)
>> Dec  4 15:45:10 dev dbus: Can't send to audit system: USER_AVC pid=3327
>> uid=81 loginuid=-1 message=avc:  0 AV entries and 0/512 buckets used,
>> longest chain length 0
>
>Sounds like Red Hat BZ 218207   If you have some clear steps to reliably
>reproduce I think they would be very interested in that BZ.

No, not at all. These are harmless messages sent by dbus that have nothing to do
with BZ 218207. The first one is dbus not having the right capabilities to send
an audit message, but it sends it to syslog just in case. The second one is some
performance statistics that libselinux felt compelled to send.

Both of these are harmless messages.

-Steve