Denied { search } mingetty and can't log in

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 1 08:48:38 UTC 2006

> Just to inform you that these AVCs have been corrected in selinux-
> policy-targeted 2.2.9-1. But new hid2hci denied read and write AVCs have
> appeared. The never-ending game ;-)

There is no way for this game to end...  Not until software developers
take over the task of writing policy themselves.

I know Dan disagrees with me on this, but I think that this is the only
way for selinux to be really accepted into the mainstream. First,
however, more infrastructure is needed to make this possible. Modular
policy is a step in the right direction. I see that the current strict
policy is now modular, and that's good news...