rawhide selinux-policy-strict whoopsage...

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Feb 2 17:18:08 UTC 2006

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 14:39:37 EST, Stephen Smalley said:

> Looks like the .spec file needs to install all of the modules as a
> single transaction to deal with mutually dependent modules.  Or, it
> could install them layer-by-layer.  Unfortunately, current semodule
> usage requires you to generate the list of all the modules, then prefix
> them all with -i options, then pass that entire string as the
> commandline to semodule.  Something like:
> 	# Location where modules are installed from policy package
> 	cd /usr/share/selinux/strict
> 	# Generate semodule command line with all non-base modules
> 	ls *.pp | sed -e "/base.pp/d" -e "/enableaudit.pp/d" -e "i-i " | tr "\n
" " " > out
> 	# Run semodule
> 	semodule -v `cat out`

I did this after yum updated me to selinux-policy-strict-2.2.9-1 this morning,
and things are much less broken now.  Now we have:

Attempting to install module 'acct.pp':
Ok: return value of 0.
Attempting to install module 'alsa.pp':
Ok: return value of 0.
Attempting to install module 'amanda.pp':
Ok: return value of 0.
Attempting to install module 'xserver.pp':
Ok: return value of 0.
Attempting to install module 'zebra.pp':
Ok: return value of 0.
Committing changes:
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow pam_console_t scsi_generic_device_t:chr_file { setattr };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow initrc_t scsi_generic_device_t:chr_file { setattr };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow restorecon_t scsi_generic_device_t:chr_file { relabelto };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow setfiles_t scsi_generic_device_t:chr_file { relabelto };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow restorecon_t lvm_vg_t:chr_file { relabelto };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow setfiles_t lvm_vg_t:chr_file { relabelto };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow pam_console_t fixed_disk_device_t:blk_file { setattr };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow hotplug_t fixed_disk_device_t:blk_file { setattr };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow restorecon_t fixed_disk_device_t:chr_file { relabelto };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow setfiles_t fixed_disk_device_t:chr_file { relabelto };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow initrc_t shadow_t:file { getattr };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow locate_t shadow_t:file { getattr };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow sysadm_t shadow_t:file { getattr };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow prelink_t shadow_t:file { getattr };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow nscd_t shadow_t:file { getattr };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow system_crond_t shadow_t:file { getattr };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow restorecon_t shadow_t:file { getattr relabelto };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow setfiles_t shadow_t:file { getattr relabelto };
libsepol.check_assertions: 18 assertion violations occured
libsemanage.semanage_expand_sandbox: Expand module failed
semodule:  Failed!

18 assertions.  This looks fixable....