"data did not represent a module" error

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Tue Jan 3 18:23:19 UTC 2006

Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 20:30 -0600, Benjamin Youngdahl wrote:
>
>> Hello.  I saw some previous discussions on this list regarding the
>> message:
>>  "libsemanage.parse_module_headers: Data did not represent a module."
>> when upgrading a policy RPM.
>>
>> Did I miss how to resolve this issue, and also what perhaps I'd manage
>> to do to get things into this state?  I'd appreciate any help you can
>> give pointing me in the right direction.
>>

> Looks like a packaging problem to me; something is running semodule -i
> on a module package that was built as a base policy module.

Ok the problem is that I have added enableaudit.pp and the post install
is trying to load it.  I need to change the
postinstall to

semodule -b /usr/share/selinux/%1/base.pp -s %1 \
for file in $(ls /usr/share/selinux/%1 | grep -v -e base.pp -e
enableaudit.pp ) \
do \
    semodule -i /usr/share/selinux/%1/$file -s %1;\
done; \