Stopping SELinux

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Thu Jan 19 14:18:17 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 14:00 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Incidentally, I do find kernel parameters fairly confusing.
> Is there a list anywhere of the possibilites (is the number finite?)
> anywhere?
> There used to be a very useful list in the RedHat manual.

The /etc/selinux/config settings were actually introduced on the advice
of Red Hat because kernel parameters are both user-unfriendly and
painful to change on some platforms.

With regard to kernel parameters, there is now a list in the kernel's
Documentation tree (Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt)
http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob_plain;h=1cbcf65b764b47137b0db013654e55f224c3c32c;f=Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt

The SELinux-related ones are marked with [SELINUX] there.