MCS article

Rudi Chiarito nutello at sweetness.com
Thu Jan 19 17:18:33 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 10:56:53AM -0500, James Morris wrote:
> "Getting Started with Multi-Category Security (MCS)"
> http://james-morris.livejournal.com/8228.html
> Feedback, suggestions etc. welcome.

My burning question would be: is any of that supported by any of the
network filesystems yet? If not, who might get there first? I know this
is a problem with SELinux in general, not just MCS. I remember seeing
NFSv3 patches, but I guess they have been abandoned and future work
would have to happen on NFSv4. MCS makes SELinux more palatable to a
wider audience, but that also attracts people with varying requirements
and network filesystems are becoming harder to avoid.

Thanks for the great work.

--
Rudi