/usr/share - self inflicted issue

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Thu Jan 26 15:00:29 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 09:56 -0500, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 07:25 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > My main desktop, I was trying to upgrade from FC-3 to FC-4.
> >
> > I was a little short of space in /usr partition so I moved /usr/share
> > to /home/share and symlinked it back.
> >
> > This seemed all and good but that does cause a cups issue.
>
> You need to tell SELinux to label your /home/share tree as it would
> the /usr/share tree, and then relabel, e.g.:
> # sed -n -e "/\/usr\/share/s/\/usr\/share\//\/home\/share\//p" /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts > /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts.local
>
> # restorecon -R /home/share

Hmm...nevermind, you said that they are already labeled correctly later
in your message, although I'm a little unclear as to why that is, unless
they were just preserved when you copied them.  But you likely want the
above anyway to ensure that they are preserved upon any subsequent
relabels.

So, as the other responder asked, what AVC denials are you getting?