Openswan on FC4/5

Stuart James stuart at secpay.com
Tue Jul 11 15:40:20 UTC 2006

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:46:29 +0100
Stuart James <stuart at secpay.com> wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > We are using Openswan to connect two of our sites together via an
> > > IPSEC tunnel. Recently we upgraded from FC3 to FC5 on our frontend
> > > firewalls, including the version of openswan , selinux policy,
> > > kernel ,ect. We used to run in enforcing mode without any
> > > difficulties, it now seems that with Enforcing mode on Openswan
> > > does not seem to be able to add the route.
> > >
> > > Using setenforce 0 , the tunnel becomes active. As far as i can
> > > tell Openswan has difficulty adding the route to the Right/Left
> > > nexthop, although the status of the tunnel appears to be up, the
> > > routing does not appear to take place.
> > >
> > > #audit2allow -a -t /var/log/audit/audit.log
> > > allow ifconfig_t self:netlink_xfrm_socket create;
> > > allow ifconfig_t initrc_t:unix_stream_socket { read write };
> >
> > I've followed this up in more detail, adding to
> > /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/serefpolicy-2.2.43/policy/modules/system/sysnetwork.te
> >
> > # IPsec
> > allow ifconfig_t self:netlink_xfrm_socket create;
> > allow ifconfig_t initrc_t:unix_stream_socket { read write };
> > allow ifconfig_t self:netlink_xfrm_socket setopt;
> > allow ifconfig_t initrc_t:udp_socket { read write };
> > allow ifconfig_t self:netlink_xfrm_socket { bind setopt };
> > allow ifconfig_t self:netlink_xfrm_socket bind;
> > allow ifconfig_t self:netlink_xfrm_socket read;
> > allow ifconfig_t self:netlink_xfrm_socket { bind getattr };
> > allow ifconfig_t self:netlink_xfrm_socket { bind getattr write };
> > allow ifconfig_t self:netlink_xfrm_socket { bind getattr nlmsg_read
> > write };
> >

> These rules seem to work now.

# IPSEC (openswan-2.4.x)

allow traceroute_t initrc_t:rawip_socket { read write };
allow traceroute_t initrc_t:udp_socket { read write };
allow traceroute_t user_home_dir_t:dir search;

allow ifconfig_t self:netlink_xfrm_socket create;
allow ifconfig_t initrc_t:unix_stream_socket { read write };
allow ifconfig_t self:netlink_xfrm_socket setopt;
allow ifconfig_t initrc_t:udp_socket { read write };
allow ifconfig_t self:netlink_xfrm_socket { bind setopt };
allow ifconfig_t self:netlink_xfrm_socket bind;
allow ifconfig_t self:netlink_xfrm_socket read;
allow ifconfig_t self:netlink_xfrm_socket { bind getattr };
allow ifconfig_t self:netlink_xfrm_socket { bind getattr write };
allow ifconfig_t self:netlink_xfrm_socket { bind getattr nlmsg_read
write };
allow ifconfig_t self:netlink_xfrm_socket { nlmsg_write read };
allow ifconfig_t unconfined_t:udp_socket { read write };
allow unlabeled_t self:association sendto;
allow unlabeled_t self:association recvfrom;

Regards,

- --
Stuart James
System Administrator