useradd - audit_write ?

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 13 14:26:17 UTC 2006

>Yes, another program instrumented for audit generation, needs that
>capability.

There's a lot of them. Someone needs to look at all the places where
CAP_AUDIT_WRITE and CONTROL were and update the policy. This broke about 2-3
weeks ago. This stuff used to work.

>Why wasn't this taken care of when these programs were originally
>instrumented for audit?

They were. Something broke a couple weeks ago. Look back when someone reported
the hwclock problem. That's when all this occurred. I thought it would have been
fixed, too.

-Steve