Cannot FTP to /var/www/don/html with SELinux enabled

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Thu Jun 1 12:42:25 UTC 2006

Paul Howarth wrote:
> # setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write 1

By the way, I think this boolean is rather misnamed: it allows write access
by FTP in general, not only for anonymous users.

I thought authenticated users always had write access until I read the
policy source, and found out I should turn this boolean on.

Renaming the boolean is probably not worth the compatibility breakage, but I
hope we don't end up like the %_initrddir macro in rpm (which has nothing
to do with initrd, but expands into /etc/rc.d/init.d)

Maybe change it now before it's too late (SELinux is too widely used) ?

Aurélien
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr