selinux-policy-devel?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Jun 8 12:46:28 UTC 2006

Perhaps the selinux-policy package should be split into an
selinux-policy and selinux-policy-devel package, with the -devel package
being needed for building new policy/modules, and the base policy
package containing just the stuff needed for regular runtime usage?

I suggest this because I just tried building a policy module in mock
with the new minimal environment and it fell over because building
policy modules requires m4, which is not in the minimal environment. So
m4 needs adding as a dep of selinux-policy (it's referenced from
/usr/share/selinux/devel/include/Makefile), and this is really a
devel-specific package that shouldn't be needed by most people, hence
splitting off a -devel subpackage and adding the dep to that makes more
sense. The -devel package could also have a dep on checkpolicy, which
would be nice...

Paul.