new user domain

Stefan stefan at sf-net.com
Mon Jun 19 10:26:03 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'd like to create an user with a type of e.g. backup. So when the
user logs in and types "id -Z"
backup:user_r:backup_t:SystemLow-SystemHigh
should be the right context.

In the past I did this like that:
full_user_role(backup)
allow system_r backup_r
allow sysadm_r backup_r

undefine(`in_user_role')
define(`in_user_role', `
role user_r types $1;
role second_r types $1;
')

But now I'm using FC5 and things have changed. I searched a while and
found the macro "unpriv_user_template". So I created a policy module:

policy_module(backup,1.0.0)
unpriv_user_template(backup)

and tried to compile it. But I get an error message:

Compiling mls backup module
/usr/bin/checkmodule:  loading policy configuration from tmp/backup.tmp
backup.te:4:ERROR 'attribute userdomain is not declared' at token ';'
on line 57013:
#line 4
         type backup_t, userdomain;
/usr/bin/checkmodule:  error(s) encountered while parsing configuration
make: *** [tmp/backup.mod] Error 1

Isn't this the right way? Did I something wrong? Or how do you create
a new user domain?

Best regards,
Stefan

PS: I'm using FC5 with the latest updates and the mls policy.