Postfix/mailman problem

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Thu Mar 2 04:45:05 UTC 2006

I wrote about trying to get Postfix working with Mailman:
> As root, I tried:
> % chcon -u system_u -r system_r -t postfix_pipe_t
> postfix-to-mailman-2.1.py
> chcon: failed to change context of postfix-to-mailman-2.1.py to
> system_u:system_r:postfix_pipe_t: Permission denied
>
> Why can't I do that, or what should I do instead to make this work?

I found that if I turned off enforcing the chcon would succeed.

However, when I turn enforcing back on, Postfix is still unable
to invoke the postfix-to-mailman script.  With enforcing off, it
works fine, so I'm really curious as to what I need to do to make
it work properly with enforcing on.

Thanks,
Eric