How to allow vsftpd to listen on other ports?

Dawid Gajownik gajownik at fedora.pl
Thu Mar 9 22:44:13 UTC 2006

Dnia 03/08/2006 08:56 PM, Użytkownik Stephen Smalley napisał:
>> semanage man page sucks a bit (no examples), so it took me few minutes
>> to construct this command:
>>
>> semanage port -a -t ftp_port_t -p tcp 7777

Heh, I've found today this link →
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/FAQ/ProposedAdditions#head-b8a7b039fa3a44f1d20c4e5035992af02426709d
:-)

> Policy (both FC4 and FC5) appear to allow ftpd to bind to generic ports
> (port_t) outside of the reserved range plus the ftp data port and the
> ftp service port.

I did not know that. I thought that policy blocks binding to any port
except ftp_port_t. (Yes, I did not read domains/program/ftpd.te :P )

Hmmm... would you be willing to explain me why ftpd is allowed to bind
to port_t? If it's done on purpose, why 1-1023 ports are so important
that they cannot be used without policy modification?

>  Did you mean 777 or 7777?

I used port 777 on FC4 and 7777 one on FC5 - I did not know that it
would make a difference.

Thanks for your help!

--

   ^_*