postfix high-ports prob

Holger Burde hburde at t-online.de
Sat Mar 11 13:30:46 UTC 2006

Hi;

FC 4 currrent with targeted - up2date & unmodified.

The postfix Policy or some other seems 2 prevent binding postfix to
unpriv Ports > 1023 (10026 in my case). Is this intentional and if why ?
Daemon based Filtering stuff needs those high-ports.
Since after setting setenforce to 0 it works i think i must be policy
related (the system has no source policy - so i didn't dig into that
yet).

Mar 11 14:06:40 proton postfix/master[3413]: fatal: bind 127.0.0.1 port
10026: Permission denied

No avc denies (audit2allow) - strange and not funny .. if its policy
related.

PS I use some of my own RPMs (clamsmtp & anomy ..) with Postfix (FC4) &
Clamav (FC4 extras) which works beside this Port Problem. Since selinux
is part of my security Concept setenforce 0 is no option.

hb
--
--- -- -
Dipl. Inform. H. Burde