swapfile is not automatically enabled

Dawid Gajownik gajownik at fedora.pl
Tue Mar 14 16:29:16 UTC 2006

Dnia 03/14/2006 05:17 PM, Użytkownik Daniel J Walsh napisał:

> No the question was whether your swap file is working?  Is it mounted?

Sorry that I did not understand your previous question. As I wrote in my
first e-mail, swapfile is automatically mounted if I boot in permissive
mode. In enforcing one I have to do it manually:

[root at X policy]# swapon -s
Filename                                Type            Size    Used
Priority
/dev/hda7                               partition       538136  0       -1
[root at X policy]# swapon -a
[root at X policy]# swapon -s
Filename                                Type            Size    Used
Priority
/dev/hda7                               partition       538136  0       -1
/var/swapfile                           file            126052  0       -2
[root at X policy]#

--

   ^_*