logwatch does not show disk usage of partitions mounted in /mnt

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Wed Mar 22 15:11:38 UTC 2006

Dawid Gajownik wrote:
> Hi!
>
> In mails from logwatch there is something like this:
>
> --------------------- Disk Space Begin ------------------------
>
>  Filesystem                          Size   Used  Avail Use%  Mounted on
>  df: `/mnt/FreeDOS': Access denied
>
> I found this avc message:
>
> Mar 21 17:14:05 X kernel: audit(1142957645.904:32): avc:  denied  {
> search } for  pid=2588 comm="df" name="mnt" dev=hda5 ino=809601
> scontext=system_u:system_r:logwatch_t:s0
> tcontext=system_u:object_r:mnt_t:s0 tclass=dir
>
> OS: FC5
> selinux-policy-targeted: 2.2.23-15
>
> How can I fix it?
First make sure this is all the access that it needs by running logwatch
with setenforce 0.

Then send us the AVC messages, so we can update policy.

You can also install a loadable module to allow this access by executing

grep logwatch /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M logwatch
semodule -i logwatch.pp