ANN: Fedora Core 5 SELinux FAQ

Stephen J. Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 17:19:07 UTC 2006

On 3/28/06, Chad Sellers <csellers at tresys.com> wrote:
> The Fedora Core 5 SELinux FAQ is now available at
> http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc5. Let me know if you have
> any corrections or suggestions. Also, check out the Fedora SELinux wiki
> at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux, which includes a section for
> adding proposed additions to the FAQ.

Cool and thanks for all the work here.

I am trying to go over the questions in here one by one.. as I need to
work out what could be done for some systems where I work. I have one
question so far:

Q: What about the strict policy? Does it even work?
   [From the list at release time.. I thought strict policy was broken
for Core.]

Q: What is the Reference Policy?

  [I found I am really confused by this answer.. if my muddled brain
is getting this correct.. the Reference Policy is the base policy that
the Fedora Core 5 targeted, strict, mls policies are based off of the
Reference Policy.. or are there 2 sets of policies shipped with Fedora
Core 5 some of which are based off of the old set and the others by
the new set.]

Again thanks.. I will try to send some stuff as I go through this.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator