FC5 LDAP issues

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Mar 31 20:02:57 UTC 2006

Just FYI, I installed the rawhide policy and it does fix this problem.
The system boots fine in enforcing mode.  Lots of other denials, most
of which are from pam_console_app but also some that keep boot-time
NFS mounts from working.  I'm assuming it's just not a good idea to be
running the rawhide policy on otherwise stock FC5, so I'll go back to
permissive mode with the old policy until an update arrives.

If, however, you'd like for me to report problems then I'd be happy to
do so.  I gather that I'm the only person running FC5, selinux and
LDAP over SSL so perhaps my setup is odd in other ways that may be
useful to you.

 - J<