Allowing vsftpd access for user's home directory

Ketut Mahaindra kmahaindra at axalto.com
Thu May 11 05:17:28 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I have installation of FC5.
I want to make vsftpd run with chroot environment of user home directory.
So far it does not work because SELinux prevents the vsftpd to access the
home directory.

What's the best way to configure SELinux for this purpose?
I don't want to disable it.
I have been googling it around but so far has not came up with any easy
solution.

Any help will be appreciated.

P.S.
- I have the following AVC error messages:
  avc:  denied  { dac_override } for  pid=9099 comm="vsftpd" capability=1
scontext=system_u:system_r:ftpd_t:s0 tcontext=system_u:system_r:ftpd_t:s0
tclass=capability
  avc:  denied  { dac_read_search } for  pid=9099 comm="vsftpd" capability=2

--
Best regards,

Ketut Mahaindra (Ito)