selinux prelink avc's (broken paths in policy?)

Christopher Ashworth cashworth at tresys.com
Thu May 25 15:49:22 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 12:56 -0400, Christopher Ashworth wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 16:38 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> > So if "semanage fcontext -l" doesn't produce an ordered listing, is
> > there any way from userland to get one, one that encompasses both the
> > base policy and any added modules or context objects added using semanage?
>
> I don't know the definitive answer on a userland tool.  semanage
> fcontext -l appears to just be calling libsemanage, which is in turn
> using Ivan's database functions to list the objects (in this case, the
> fcontext objects).  I'll try to track down what happens between the
> file_contexts file and the listing.

I had a chance to take another look at this this morning.

In semanage (seobject.py, specifically), the list of file contexts being
retrieved via semanage_fcontext_list is in the correct order.  However,
it is transfered to a dictionary and printed out by iterating over the
keys of the dictionary.

Changing this will allow semanage to report the file contexts in the
original order.

Christopher