Permission denied for public_html

Volker Englisch Volker at englisch.us
Mon Nov 6 06:31:25 UTC 2006

Hi,

I recently installed FC6 on a x86_64 box and I was trying to modify
SELinux so that I could use Samba and HTTP access to the public_html
directory within the user home directories but can not get this to work.
Whenever I'm accessing the user website via
    http://mydomain.us/~user
I am getting a 403 Permission Denied error.  However, everything is
working OK when I turn of SELinux enforcement.

I've followed these instructions
   http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc5/#faq-entry-public_html
to set up the public_html directories but I'm still getting the 403 error.

Any suggestions on how to best trouble-shoot this problem?

--
Thanks

     Volker Englisch

mailto:Volker at Englisch.us    (h)