nvidia 9626(9) drivers

Tim Fenn fenn at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 15 22:08:00 UTC 2006

I've noticed with the latest nvidia drivers (9626 and 9629, obtained
as RPMs from atrpms.net), nvidia_drv.o requires the textrel_shlib_t
label, without which X fails to load:

(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.o
dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.o: cannot restore
segment prot after reloc: Permission denied
(EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.o

Adding the following to file_contexts fixed things for me:

/usr/lib(64)?/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia-.*_drv\.o    --
system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t:s0

If it would be best for me to file a bugzilla ticket, let me know.

Regards,
Tim