semodule error/question

Leffler, Sean LEFFLESA at nv.doe.gov
Thu Nov 16 17:15:03 UTC 2006

Dan,

via 'yum list installed' I get the following:

selinux-policy.noarch
selinux-policy-strict.noarch
selinux-policy-targeted.noarch
All 3 are version 2.3.7-2.fc5

I removed those and yum'd selinux-policy-strict which installed the
following:

selinux-policy.noarch
selinux-policy-strict.noarch
(version 2.3.7-2.fc5)

I enabled strict, permissive in the /etc/selinux/config file; did a
touch /.autorelabel; reboot

Reran the demsg | audit2allow -M dmesg;semodule -i dmesg.pp and got
this:
semodule:symbol looklup error: /lib/libsemanage.so.1: undefined symbol:
selinux_file_context_local_path

Also, after unintstalling/reinstalling selinux, my semanage is now
broken:

# semange
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/semanage", line 24, in ?
    import seobject
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/seobject.py", line 25, in ?
    from semanage import *;
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/semanage.py", line 5, in ?
    import _semanage
ImportError: /lib/libsemanage.so.1: undefined symbol:
selinux_file_context_local_path

Thanks for your help with this, I sincerely appreciate it!

Sean Leffler
NSTec