Policy for denyhosts

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Nov 29 04:06:02 UTC 2006

JC> I just wanted to point out that I don't run DenyHosts to write
JC> directly to hosts.deny.

And you have selinux enabled, and it already gets the proper context
on /etc/hosts.deny.sshd?  Because this doesn't seem to be working for
others.

JC> I'm sure there are plenty of other people who do it this way,
JC> since it's a configuration option in DenyHosts.

There are myriad configuration options in Denyhosts.  We have to start
somewhere, but I welcome you to test any policy that ends up being
written and provide fixes for your particular setup.

 - J<