How to build a local (unionfs) policy module for Fedora Core 5 (kernel 2.6.17)?

Andreas Sachs soxos at gmx.de
Tue Oct 3 17:12:56 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to build a local unionfs policy module for Fedora Core 5 (kernel
2.6.17). SElinux is set to enforcing and the policy type is targeted.

After I mount a union, I get the following in my /var/log/messages

Nov  6 13:34:41 localhost kernel: SELinux: initialized (dev unionfs, type
unionfs), not configured for labeling

I have written a local unionfs policy module:

policy_module(unionfs, 1.0)

require {

        type fs_t;

};

fs_use_xattr unionfs system_u:object_r:fs_t;

But I get a syntax error:

Compiling targeted unionfs module

/usr/bin/checkmodule:  loading policy configuration from tmp/unionfs.tmp

unionfs.te:8:ERROR 'syntax error' at token 'fs_use_xattr' on line 59102:

fs_use_xattr unionfs system_u:object_r:fs_t;

/usr/bin/checkmodule:  error(s) encountered while parsing configuration

make: *** [tmp/unionfs.mod] Fehler 1

How can I do it right?

Thanks

Andreas Sachs