sellinux line command

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Oct 4 13:28:47 UTC 2006

Fred J. wrote:

> Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote: Fred J. wrote:
>> Paul Howarth
>  wrote: On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 00:13 -0700, Fred J. wrote:
>>> Hi
> Yes, you could do it that way.
>
> However, I think a better way, from both a system maintenance and
> SELinux point of view, would be to use the JPackage RPMs. You need to
> build these yourself due to the way Sun license Java, and this may
> appear at first to be a daunting prospect, but it's not difficult
> really. See: http://www.city-fan.org/tips/JpackageJava
>
> Installing Java using the JPackage RPMs will get all of the SELinux
> contexts set correctly "out of the box" and the software will be managed
> by RPM, just like all the other software on the system. It really is the
> best way IMHO.
>
> Paul.
>
> Paul, do you know of similar way to install adobe "pdf reader" plugin for firefox.

Try this:
http://www.city-fan.org/tips/AdobeReaderOnFedora

Note to Dan:
The RPMforge mozilla-acroread package hardlinks the plugin nppdf.so into
three different locations:

/usr/lib/acroread/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/nppdf.so
/usr/lib/netscape/plugins/nppdf.so

Only one of these is caught by the current context types, so it will end
up labelled lib_t. I suggest the following addition to policy:

/usr/lib/[^/]*/plugins/nppdf\.so --
gen_context(system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t,s0)

Paul.