Trouble with module

Pierre JUHEN pierre.juhen at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 5 20:42:06 UTC 2006

To correct error messages appearing in the audit.log, I ran the
procedure described in the audit2allow manual page.

Here is the .te file :

module local 1.0;

require {
    class dir search;
    class fd use;
    class fifo_file write;
    class file { read write };
    class netlink_route_socket create;
    class unix_stream_socket { read write };
    type apmd_log_t;
    type cupsd_config_t;
    type cupsd_t;
    type dovecot_auth_t;
    type dovecot_t;
    type etc_mail_t;
    type etc_runtime_t;
    type hald_t;
    type home_root_t;
    type hostname_t;
    type restorecon_t;
    type semanage_t;
    type unconfined_t;
    type user_home_dir_t;
    type usr_t;
    type xdm_t;
    role system_r;
};

allow cupsd_config_t apmd_log_t:file { read write };
allow cupsd_t apmd_log_t:file { read write };
allow dovecot_auth_t self:netlink_route_socket create;
allow dovecot_t etc_runtime_t:file read;
allow dovecot_t unconfined_t:fifo_file write;
allow dovecot_t xdm_t:fd use;
allow hald_t home_root_t:dir search;
allow hostname_t etc_mail_t:file read;
allow hostname_t unconfined_t:fifo_file write;
allow hostname_t usr_t:file read;
allow hostname_t xdm_t:fd use;
allow restorecon_t xdm_t:fd use;
allow semanage_t unconfined_t:unix_stream_socket { read write };
allow semanage_t user_home_dir_t:dir search;

When I try to load the module using "semodule -i local.pp"

Iget :

libsepol.module_package_read_offsets: wrong magic number for module
package:  expected 4185718671, got 4185718669
libsemanage.semanage_load_module: Error while reading from module
file/etc/ selinux/targeted/modules/tmp/modules/toto.mod.

"/etc/ selinux/targeted/modules/tmp" does not exist.

Module local  is  in "/etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active/modules".

I run a Fedora Core 5 x86_64, strictly up to date (policy: targeted)
(kernel-2.6.17-1.2187_FC5).

policycoreutils-1.30.10-2.fc5

Thanks fot the hints.