AVC deny message from sendmail?

Bill boober95 at rogers.com
Fri Oct 13 01:32:20 UTC 2006

I've been looking at SELinux under FC5 using the 'strict' policy and was
surprised to see that even in in standard desktop install 'sendmail'
appears to produce a number of deny messages.

I took a look at the messages to see of they were part of the policy and the
first thing I found was I couldn't find the source for the policy, just if
'if' files and various modules.

I did take a look at the reference policy sources, and the messages seem to
be covered by various allows in that version of the strict policy, so I am
a bit confused as to what is happening here.

I'd like to be able to run 'strict' and not see any policy denies; but am
not sure what I can do about it other than loading a brand new sendmail.te?

Bill