xen, selinux, FC5

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Fri Oct 13 19:43:21 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 20:31 +0100, Robin Bowes wrote:
> Stephen Smalley wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 19:51 +0100, Robin Bowes wrote:
> >> allow xm_t fixed_disk_device_t:blk_file read;
> >
> >>From the above, you are still directly allowing read access to a fixed
> > disk device rather than using the storage_raw_read_fixed_disk()
> > interface.  IOW, replace your 'allow xm_t fixed_disk_device_t:blk_file
> > read;' statement with:
> > 	storage_raw_read_fixed_disk(xm_t)
>
> Ah, right. That was what I was missing.
>
> I removed that line and ran the make and got these errors:

<snip>
> I found I had to add all the missing classes and permissions.

Or, alternatively, replace:
	module local 1.0;
with the standard module prologue:
	policy_module(local, 1.0)

This brings in the class/permission requires automatically.

> This version of xen.te builds and installs cleanly:
<snip>
> So, how do I find out more about this? How would I know that interfaces
> like storage_raw_read_fixed_disk(xm_t) exist, and what they mean?

Interface documentation is
under /usr/share/doc/selinux-policy-x.y.z/html/index.html.

/usr/share/selinux/devel/policyhelp is a trivial one-line script to
launch a browser on it.

Also available at:
http://oss.tresys.com/docs/refpolicy/api/

An IDE is under development.  Available from:
http://oss.tresys.com/projects/slide