service start/stop test script

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 16:27:37 UTC 2006

Hello,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm making a test script available to
help policy writers (and everyone doing selinux testing). The script will go
though /etc/rc.d/init.d and make a list of services installed. It filters out
some that you'd really not want to run (like halt). Then it checks the service to
see if its running. If so, it stops and starts the service. Otherwise it starts
then stops the service. After each service cycle, it scans the audit logs to look
for avcs. If any are found they are run through audit2allow and output. The
script can be found here:

http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/files/testing/service-avc-test

Feedback and updates are welcome.

-Steve