x86_64 question

Daniel Fazekas fdsubs at t-online.hu
Thu Sep 7 00:55:47 UTC 2006

On Sep 7, 2006, at 1:33, LC Bruzenak wrote:

> There are many instances of both the i386 and the x86_64 versions
> there.
> I guess that is OK - the 64 bit version will override or it is always
> installed last?

That's all perfectly normal and there's nothing to "override."
On x86_64 systems, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of all libraries
are installed; this isn't limited to SELinux and has been the norm
since the very first x86_64 release.
This way you can develop and run both 32-bit and 64-bit programs.

32-bit programs will automatically link to the 32-bit copy of the
library, and 64-bit programs to  the 64-bit libraries.

--
fds