A bit of packaging help is needed for suphp

Andreas Thienemann andreas at bawue.net
Sat Sep 9 21:19:16 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm currently preparing an update for mod_suphp in FE.
suphp works similar to suexec for the apache httpd, only that it is
designed with php scripts in mind.

The execution works similar to suexec: A php-script on the webserver is
accessed, for which the mod_suphp module is configured.
The modules executes /usr/sbin/suphp, which drops privileges to the user
owning the file and executes the php-cgi binary, feeding the generated
content back to the server.

I want this to work with the targeted selinux policy. Right now, the httpd
error log shows:

[Sat Sep 09 06:05:36 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (13)Permission
denied: couldn't create child process: /usr/sbin/suphp for
/home/andreas/public_html/test.php

I tried relabeling the suphp binary with httpd_suexec_exec_t but this
doesn't seem to help at all.
Strangely, I'm not seeing anything related in the audit.log.

A helpful user added a preliminary selinux policy to bugzilla for
mod_suphp.
<https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=135912>

It'd be great, if someone knowledgable could take a look at it and
comment.

bye,
 andreas