post update label checking script

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 22:23:28 UTC 2006

Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm making another test script available
to help people testing fedora rawhide updates. What this script does is look at
your yum logs to see if you've updated the system today. If so it makes the list
of rpms and sends that to fixfiles to see if the update has caused any files to
be mislabled. This can happen when post install scriptlets do the wrong thing.
You can find it here:

http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/files/testing/selinux-check-new-rpms

You can run the script after doing yum update on rawhide. you can also pass the
script a date but it must be the same format that the yum logs uses. Example,
"Sep 03" would be valid in my locale. There were some bug fixes needed to make
the script work and hopefully they will be backported to FC5 sometime soon.

Feedback and updates are welcome.

-Steve