How to apply new policy exactly?

Joshua Brindle jbrindle at tresys.com
Tue Sep 12 13:11:56 UTC 2006

> From: Stephen Smalley [mailto:sds at tycho.nsa.gov]
>
> On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 08:14 -0400, Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 10:38 +0800, Benjamin Tsai wrote:
> > > Thank you for the clarification. I have reconfigured
> selinux/config
> > > and recompile policy as the way I did it yesterday, but now I got
> > > another error like this
> >

> > > libsemanage.semanage_install_active: Could not copy
> > > /etc/selinux/refpolicy/modules/active/policy.kern
> > > to /etc/selinux/refpolicy/policy/policy.20.
> >
> > mkdir -p /etc/selinux/refpolicy/policy
>
> Also
>  mkdir -p /etc/selinux/refpolicy/contexts/files
>
> It would be nice if libsemanage did the equivalent
> automatically if they don't exist.

It was always assumed that libsemanage would only manage
files/directories of the store, not the rest of the policy directory
(other files have to be installed there anyway for a functional system).
I'd prefer it stay that way but since this has come up time and time
again it won't offend me horribly to fix it. If we still want this will
someone please file a bug on