FC5 - changing security context to sockets

Sandra Julieta Rueda Rodriguez ruedarod at cse.psu.edu
Sun Sep 17 03:12:18 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am currently working with SElinux FC5 and I want an application to be
able to switch security context. The application uses sockets, so they
inherit the security context from the application.
To allow the application to switch security context (domain) I will add a
transition rule in the list of selinux policies.

However, I also want the application to be able to relabel the socket with
the new security context. So far I have not found a direct way to do it so
I am planning to modify the sys_setsockopt function in the socket file and
other functions related to that one. I was wondering if there is a direct
way to do it, instead of having to modify the kernel.

Thanks,
Sandra