MLS and Biba

Salvo Giuffrida giuffsalvo at hotmail.it
Mon Sep 25 17:24:13 UTC 2006

Good morning, is it possible to configure the MLS policy, using
mlsconstraint, to enforce a Biba integrity model of security (no read down,
no write up), instead of the Bell-LaPadula (no read up, no write down)? I'm
reading the book "SELinux by example", and there there's written that the
MLS facility in the Security Server is not very flexible, and allows only to
enforce the rules "no read up, no write down". But, if I'm the one
configuring the policy in the file "mls", shouldn't I be able to change the
rules to the opposite?
Thanks a lot...