SE-PostgreSQL for Fedora (Re: Guideline for RPM packages)

KaiGai Kohei kaigai at kaigai.gr.jp
Thu Aug 2 22:01:51 UTC 2007

> Err, I think you should be using the new userland discovery interface
> for this, hardcoding at compile time is a very bad idea (it makes the
> compiled binaries completely non-portable).
>
> look at libselinux/checkAccess.c in the trunk version to see how it is
> used, essentially something like:
>
> dbase_class = string_to_security_class("database");
> if (dbase_class == 0)
> return 0;
>
> That lets you discover the class offset at runtime. There are also
> facilities for doing the same with permissions.

SE-PostgreSQL can already use the userland discovert interdace, if the kernel
provides it. But it is available at the only latest kernel, now.
We have to be also able to apply hardcoded object class number for a while,
to work on the current kernel (2.6.22 or older).

Otherwise, we have to replace or modify the base policy to add definitions of
new object classes and access vectors related to database, so we want these
definitions are integrated into the base policy.

Thanks,

--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai at kaigai.gr.jp>