ldconfig denials during mock builds

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon Aug 6 18:10:46 UTC 2007

Paul Howarth wrote:
> Is your buildsys also running on rawhide?

No, sorry for not including the details.  I'm running F7 and building
packages in mock for rawhide.  I haven't tested whether building
packages for F7 or another version causes this as well, since noticing
it.  It just started happening recently, AFAICT.  I'll have to test a
few more packages and see if they all cause it.  (It may require the
mock chroot to be updated, though the way rawhide churns that should
happen on a daily basis. :)

> Are you not using the mock policy module from
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/MockTricks ?

No, I'm not.  I hadn't noticed a need to use the mock module
previously.  Thanks for pointing it out though.  Is it likely to be
necessary in most cases?

I've built packages for rawhide in mock on F7 previously without
needing the module or getting these errors.  The apparent change in
behavior seemed like a possible indication of some other problem.

Thanks,

I have to decide between two equally frightening options.  If I wanted
to do that, I'd vote.
    -- Duckman