Freeciv 2.0.8

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Mon Aug 13 22:09:42 UTC 2007

At 2:09 PM -0500 8/13/07, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 14:13:39 -0400,
>  Temlakos <temlakos at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >This makes me think that firewall rules are a possible culprit.
>> >

>> All right, here are my firewall rules:
>
>iptables -L is another way to get the firewall rules that shows what they
>really are. What you have is what they are supposed to be. While they
>are probably the same (though iptables output format is different)
>it is possible for them to be different.

I like `iptables -vL` so I can tell the difference between the localhost
rules and the rest.  It also lists the traffic, which is useful in finding
out what rules are getting triggered when something isn't quite right.
tcpdump is also useful; even if you don't understand all of it you may see
the port you need open.

Please don't word-wrap the `iptables -vL` output in the email -- it makes
it hard to read.