selinux preventing clamd and amavisd even in Permissive

John Griffiths fedora02 at grifent.com
Sun Dec 2 23:01:10 UTC 2007

I think I figured it out.

I had not configured freshclam yet. Even though clamav had the default
virus databases from clamav-data.i386, clamav system would not start
until freshclam had updated the databases. I configured freshclam before
I went out. Apparently, when cron updated the virus databases, clamav
started normally and opened the missing socket and the email system
started working properly.

At least this is my best deduction.

I don't remember having to have freshclam configured for updates prior
to email working in Fedora 7. Guess this is a question for a different
list, but I just wanted to put things to rest.

Regards,
John