[F8] setroubleshoot running at 85-95% of CPU

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Dec 14 18:38:01 UTC 2007

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> This thread was originally posted at fedora-list, but other
> posters recommended that I repost this thread here in this
> list, although cleaned up.
>
> For awhile, it seemed that I was getting regular sealert warnings
> (the "star" in notification taskbar) but now I no longer receive it.
>
> I noticed that setroubleshoot was running at 85-95% of CPU load so
> I killed it along with sealert processes and that brought the CPU
> load WAY down.
>
> I have removed the setroubleshoot packages and re-installed it.
> It did not remove the problem.
>
> At this point, I have disabled the setroubleshootd service and my
> CPU is now quiet.
>
> What can I do to fix or analyze this problem?

File a bug report for starters. It would really help to get some
diagnostic information. To do this edit
/etc/setroubleshoot/setroubleshoot.cfg, find the section in the cfg file
label setroubleshootd_log, in that section change the value of level to
debug and then restart setroubleshootd with

/sbin/service setroubleshoot restart

After it misbehaves stop the service with

/sbin/service setroubleshoot stop

Then attach the logfile /var/log/setroubleshoot/setroubleshootd.log to
the bug report.

Thank you.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>